How to Make People Take Action on Your Website
In last week’s blog post we introduced you to a live video we did alongside Yellow Tuxedo about how to make the most of your online presence and increase your leads and in today’s blog post we are talking about the second video we did in the series with them, which was, How to Make People Take Action on Your Website.
Is Your Website Damaging Your Business?
There really isn’t much point in having a website if it’s not actually generating leads for you. Yes, it’s great that it’s there so people can check out who you are and what you do but if they aren’t then taking the next step by contacting you, joining your email list or buying from you then it’s be a bit of a waste of time, effort and money creating it. More than that, if it doesn’t look good and work well then it might be damaging your business.
So, that’s why we talked about this subject in our live, which you can watch here.
The key points that we discussed were:
- The importance of having a clear statement about what you do and how it can help your website visitor above the fold on the home page along with clear call to action buttons so that people know where to click to take the next step to work with you or buy from you.
- The need for your website to have a good user journey and experience for your website visitors.
- The need for an uncluttered main navigation and the importance of key actions being taken within three clicks from the home page.
- What consistent visual hierarchy is and why you should have it on your website.
- Why consistent colours for call to action buttons should be used.
- How important it is that your website must work well on mobile devices.
Unless your website has leads flooding in, then I really do recommend watching this video and if you have any questions please ask them in the comments and we will be more than happy to answer them.