Is Blogging Still Relevant in 2021?
Is blogging still relevant? Yes, it most certainly is!!
There are people out there who will tell you that blogging is dead and it’s all about video content and that’s great but not everyone wants to watch a video, not everyone is comfortable being on video and not everyone has the tech or ability to create a video.
Search Engines Love Blogging
Not only that, but blogs are great for creating the type of content that search engines like. Content that answers people’s questions and this is great for you as a website owner because then people will come to your website to get their questions answered and then hopefully stay and take a look around the rest of your website to see what you do, but only if you have given them an incentive to do that…
This is one of the things we discussed in the third live of our series with Yellow Tuxedo. You can watch the video here, but if you prefer a little recap in blog format because that’s how you like to absorb your content, then here are the main points we discussed:
- Blogging is a great way of getting key word rich content on your website.
- Adding new content to your website regularly is brilliant for SEO and a blog is the most obvious way of doing this.
- Being consistent and regular with how often you blog is more important than doing it frequently – if you can only commit easily to blogging once a month, that’s what you should do. Don’t try and do once a week and then fail after three weeks.
- Link to your blog content from a range of places including Google My Business to drive traffic to your website.
- Take up guest blogging opportunities and get people to guest blog for you. This is particularly useful if you know you are coming up to a busy period and you won’t be able to create the content yourself.
- Send your blog posts out to your email list – it’s easy email nurturing content.
Blogging is a fantastic business marketing method and if you’d like some blogging tips, then check out this guest post, What Makes a Good Blog Post by Caroline Tyler.
For more general website support and tips, check out our free resources.