5 Tips to Help You Dress Up, Show Up and be Confident on Zoom
Guest post by Sarah Sullivan from Style Solutions by Sarah
Over the last 2 years Zoom / Teams meetings and online networking have become very much a part of our working lives. Many of us are logging on at least once a week to catch up with work colleagues. Customers are also expecting to be able to access video content online too so perhaps you are regularly recording tutorials for your audience/members or running online workshops.
All this means that it is necessary to master the art of waist up dressing so that you can show up as your best self, feel confident and if you are in a large group meeting – get noticed without fading into the background.
Read on for a few simple style tips to up your game!
1. A fab way for both men and women to look smart but still casual and relaxed is to layer a sweater over a shirt. This look works best with a crew neck sweater. Perhaps you have smart shirt you used to wear to the office? Dig it out and try layering it!
2. Another tip for men and women is to try wearing some colour or print. It will get you noticed and you definitely won’t be fading into the background! Classic prints such checks or stripes will look chic. If you are feeling more adventurous why not try florals or animal print? A bright coloured sweater or shirt such as blue, red, green or pink will work wonders for lifting your spirits and everybody else’s in these dreary winter months!
Ladies a couple of extra tips for you –
3. Statement collars have been around for a while and are still big news on shirts, blouses and sweaters. Why not try a ‘Peter Pan’ style or a pussy bow? An easy item to fling on and always look put together and on trend. Sure to be a talking point and great for a night out too!
4. “When the hoop earrings go on the boss babe comes out” A quote I read recently and which sums up the power of adding accessories to your look. So pull out your polished accessories. Try classic gold hoops, a pendant necklace or maybe some statement earrings, a scarf or a headband. You will be surprised at what a difference it makes and it’s also a good cost effective way to update your wardrobe.
5. Lastly ladies brighten up your make up a little. Online meetings can often make us look pale and washed out so try wearing a brighter lipstick than you normally would and enhance your features with some highlighter, blusher and mascara. Gents don’t forget shaving or grooming it will lift your mood for the day!
Try These Tips and be Confident on Zoom
Give one or more of these tips a try for your next meeting and no one will guess that under the table you are still wearing your comfy PJ bottoms. Well I won’t tell if you don’t…..
Sarah Sullivan is a Personal Stylist based in Winchester offering services online and in person. Contact her for Wardrobe declutters, personal shopping, help to style clothes you already own and style and make up masterclasses for up to 6 friends in association with Lisa Virgo Make Up Artist.