5 Reasons Why You Need a Photography Business Website
Do I meed a photography business website? As a photographer who is newer to business or maybe who has been in business for a while and gets lots of work through referrals you may be asking this question. The answer, in short, is yes, you do need a website.
Here Are 5 Reasons Why a Photographer Needs a Website
- It shows you are serious about your business and creates a level of confidence so that someone is happy to buy from you. I believe every business should have a website. Having an online presence that you are in control of where you own the content and you can control the look and feel of it is really important but especially when you are in a business where it’s even more important that your work looks good in the way that it’s showcased. Social media is good for getting seen but it shouldn’t be your online means of people finding you online because you never know when a problem could arise with your account or the platform as a whole.
- Many people go online to find everything these days. Whether it’s new clothes, a piece of tech, a fitness class, a new doctors surgery or a photographer, we turn to the internet and so you need to be on there and showing up when people search for you or what you do if you want the work.
- Even if people prefer personal recommendation over searching online for a business, they are still likely to check that recommendation out online before they make contact. Especially if they are looking for a photographer they want to see a range of examples of your work not just the photos you took for their friend and a website is the best place to do that. When that person gets in contact and you ask how they heard of you, they’ll say their friend, they might not say and I also checked out your website but if businesses started asking “and did you also visit our website” I think they’d find that more often than not the answer is yes.
- A website can help you manage your business. People can contact you through a website, they could book in pre-shoot calls through your website and even buy your work through your website if you sell prints or downloads of your photos. Many business owners spend time to-ing and fro-ing to arrange calls and they also pay extras fees to external providers for selling their work, which doesn’t have to happen with your own website.
- A website is a powerful marketing tool. If you get the content on your website right and share it in the right places it can bring in some great leads for your business. You can also use your website to build your email list so that you have a pool of interested people that you can regularly send useful information to and tell about events or offers that you have going on to keep regular sales coming in.
Creating Your Photography Business Website
So, now you know why you should have a website you need to create one that will do all of this for you. We have created our photographer website template in partnership with Amanda Clarke, a popular London based photographer, who uses it for her website, so that it offers the same design quality and range of functionality that you would expect from a bespoke website.
You can see the benefits and features of using our photographer website template by going to our websites for photographers page.